Hi Everyone, This post is contributed by a friend who recently solo traveled to Malaysia and Singapore and is happy to share his experience with us about getting Malaysia Visa for Indians:). I am Navankur Chaudhary a student of MBBS in 3rd Year and I have traveled to many places in India, but it was now time for the Foreign Visit so I Choose Singapore and Malaysia for my first Solo Trip.
I have written this article from my personal experience on, “How to Apply for Visa for Malaysia for Indian Citizens.”
So, First question which comes in mind before starting a International Tour is about the Visa. I did not go to any travel agent or paid extra to get the Visa for Malaysia.
- How to get Visa for Malaysia for Indian Citizens
- Step by step procedure for applying for the Malaysia Visa for Indians
- Conditions for Entry on Entri or Evisa
- Deciding the best visa to Apply for Malaysian Visa.
- eNtri Visa For Malaysia:
- E-Visa for Malaysia From India:
- Visa on arrival for Indians in Malaysia:
How to get Visa for Malaysia for Indian Citizens
The easiest and most efficient way to apply for a Malaysia visa for Indian Citizens is via the Electronic Travel Registration & Information (eNTRI). Applying for the Malaysian visa for Indians is a very Easy Procedure by following the steps below. You can just apply online and get an e-visa in 5 mins. Further you can see how to apply in my video below as well.
Supporting Documents Needed for the Malaysia Visa
- Passport with at least 3 blank pages and a validity of more than 6 months on your arrival in Malaysia.
- Photograph of passport size and must be on white background.
- Print out of your e-Ntri. (see below for that)
- Confirmed Flight tickets along with the Return flight details.
- If you are going outside Malaysia by bus or train then their tickets.
- Last three months bank statement, that is, in case you have a fresh passport.
You need to carry all the above documents with you when arriving at Malaysia.
Step 1 – Get a perfect size of photograph in matt finish of size 35mm x 50mm with white background and other specification mentioned on the site of Malaysia visa.
TIP : Get a soft copy of your photo from the studio it will be then easy to upload your photo.
Step 2 – Get to the real Website not the fake ones real website is windowmalaysia.my and choose the eNTRI option of you are staying in Malaysia for less than or equal to 15 days.
Step 3 – Register your ID on the website by entering your passport details and email address.
Step 4 – You will receive an mail on you email id given at the time of registration. You will have to verify your email id by clicking the link they gave you. Then your email id will be verified. (pretty simple, right?)
Step 5- Visit the site again and login with the id password you made at the time of registration. And choose the eNTRI as visa option.
Step 6 – Fill the Form and upload the required documents which I have mentioned below.
Step 7- Adjust your photo according to the Visa you will get separate window to do the adjustments.
Step 8- Payment you will be charged $20 US Dollars as processing fees pay the fees and you will receive your visa on your registered email id in 2-10 mins.(Super Quick, yey)
For any further clarification you can also chat with the Malaysian representative at the same site mentioned above.
You can also read about the Cover Letter Common Mistakes for Schengen Visa.
For Further help and full process online, refer to the video here (IN HINDI) :
Conditions for Entry on Entri or Evisa
With an eNTRI or eVisa Indian citizens can enter Malaysia by air or overland at the following borders:
Entry By Air:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport , Sepang (KLIA & KLIA 2)
- Penang International Airport, Pulau Pinang
- Langkawi International Airport, Kedah
- Melaka International Airport, Melaka
- Senai International Airport, Johor
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Miri International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
- Labuan International Airport, Sabah
Entry from Land:
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
Deciding the best visa to Apply for Malaysian Visa.
eNtri Visa For Malaysia:
eNtri Visa for Malaysia, is the cheapest and the quickest option if your stay is for 15 days or, lesser than 15 days. The Cost for this Visa is just $20 or Rs.1200~.
You can apply upto 48 before your flight,and, you get the Visa in under 5-10mins for the same.
E-Visa for Malaysia From India:
You have to go through the agency’s or commision agents for the e-visa, it costs upto $50 or Rs.3000. Apply for E-visa for Malaysia if you plan to stay beyond 15 days, this e-visa lets you stay for upto 30 days.
Applying for E-visa can result in being a process of 3-5 days.
Be aware that both above, the eNTRI and eVisa are furthermore valid only for 3 months since the date of issue. Also, they are only valid for one single entry and non extendable so you’ll need to re-apply for a Malaysian visa each time you want to visit Malaysia.
Visa on arrival for Indians in Malaysia:
YES! Indian citizens are only eligible for this visa on arrival if they are visiting Malaysia from a third country; namely Singapore and Thailand.
To be eligible for the Malaysia visa for indians on arrival you will need to be holding valid visas for the respective countries and having confirmed return tickets to India.
The fee for the visa on arrival in Malaysia for Indians,is $100 or Rs.6500, and this is valid for only up to 7 days.
Hence, now you know the best, cheapest and, the quickest way to get a visa for Malaysia. I hope this article has helped you plan your trip and answer your queries, if so, please do share it or pin it below for later. 😀